Large distances often have to be spanned when extracting materials and removing goods. Belt conveyors are the best drive solution in this situation due to their durability and efficiency. Take advantage of our know-how as an industry leader.
Powerful drive solution with industrial gear units for belt conveyors
The rising global demand for raw materials is also increasing demand for the faster extraction and processing of these materials. This means that operators of conveyor systems are faced with new challenges: to ensure efficient extraction, downstream processing and disposal, the process engineering systems must be able to transport the materials quickly. Belt conveyors play an important role in this context: they transport raw materials as well as other goods across great distances. Combined with a strong drive, to overcome any friction force that arises, they ensure the right acceleration in the conveying process.
It means that all the system components must be able to deal with the harsh operating conditions. The fantastic reliability and rapid availability of the components reduces idling times to a minimum and increases the operating life.
Tailored to belt conveyors: SEW-EURODRIVE industrial gear unit solution
In practice, belt conveyors differ considerably with respect to operating hours: some conveying systems only operate sporadically, while others run around the clock. This creates additional challenges with regard to reliability and availability. Our robust drive solutions impressively meet these demanding requirements.
As a leading manufacturer of industrial gear units we know your industry and the associated processes. We make sure that you have the right drive technology for your conveying systems. Our high-torque industrial gear units impress in every environment, even under difficult conditions. Our modular principle, with its robust housing concept, provides the optimal solution even for high ambient temperatures.
Get in touch with us.
- Our experts understand your industry and its requirements.
- Our global network ensures we are there wherever and whenever you need us.
- We have the expertise and the tools to provide optimum advice and support.
Efficient cooling conceptmake external cooling systems and a larger gear unit redundant
Reliable applicationeven in harsh conditions thanks to the X series industrial gear unit's robust housing
Optimal project planningthanks to ideally suited and efficient project planning tools from SEW-EURODRIVE
Features, options and applications of drive solutions for belt conveyors
- Three-stage X series bevel-helical gear unit
- Robust gear unit housing
- Special gray cast iron housing (GG25) with a larger surface for better heat dissipation
- Increased cooling capacity thanks to the efficient fan concept (axial fan)
- Suitable for use with an auxiliary drive
- Versatile shaft concepts can be implemented
- Splash lubrication or pressure lubrication with shaft end pump
Options and accessories
Options are customized to the relevant application:
- Efficient sealing system (taconite)
- Oil dipstick and oil level glass
- Breather valve from Des-Case
- ATEX design on request
Accessories are customized to the relevant application:
- Rigid flange coupling
- Standard backstop and backstop for limiting the torque
- Swing base and base frame
- PT100 oil bath temperature sensor
- Mechanical couplings or hydraulic couplings
Areas of application
Applications for our belt conveyors
- Bulk materials handling technology
- Materials handling systems in the construction and raw materials industries
- Screening units
- Loading stations