Agitators, mixers and aerators are complex systems that require expert know-how and comprehensive industry knowledge. Our experience with industrial gear units ensures that you will receive a flexible and reliable drive solution.
Powerful industrial gear unit solutions for agitators, mixers and aerators
Many sectors of industry use mixers and agitators. The blended, mixed or combined materials can vary significantly, e.g. chemicals or minerals. The processes and ambient conditions can also be very different. Our portfolio of high-torque and robust X series industrial gear units is designed to meet your requirements.
Regardless of whether the mixer or agitator is set-up outdoors or inside a building: our gear units function flawlessly, even under extreme ambient temperatures and at high operating temperatures.
It doesn't matter whether the gear unit is installed vertically (on the tank) or horizontally (on the side of the tank), or even under the tank in special cases: we provide the required torque. We also deal with difficult installation conditions: the invertible housing makes universal mounting positions possible. It enables both left and right positions with a single industrial gear unit. This provides flexible application opportunities and the universal housing guarantees the rapid availability of this drive unit – worldwide.
Reliable drive solution for aerators: X series industrial gear units
As a leading manufacturer of industrial gear units, our distinctive modular system technology and large range of optional equipment ensures a reliable drive solution for your aerator. Aerators are used in downstream treatment of waste water in sewage treatment plants, as well as for many other applications. In this case, air circulates through the liquid or substance. In some aerator designs the load and the weight are divided between the gear unit output bearing and the support bearing. Our X series industrial gear units are also the perfect solution for these requirements.
Get in touch with us.
- Our experts understand your industry and its requirements.
- Our global network ensures we are there wherever and whenever you need us.
- We have the expertise and the tools to provide optimum advice and support.
Reliable package solutionthanks to perfectly compatible components and other options that can be combined for your specific application.
Reduced expensesdue to the extended bearing distance concept, which means that you save on the need for a separate agitator bearing.
Increased operating lifeas the mechanical seal remains intact for longer due to the reduced tendency to vibrate.
Features, options and areas of application for mixers, agitators and aerators
X series – agitator drive
- Consumption of high loads directly on the gear shaft possible. The systematical use of additional rolling bearings in the application is not necessary
- 8 sizes – gear unit consists of the tried and tested components of the X series
- Application-specific rolling bearing concept for absorbing external forces and bending moments
- Three-stage helical gear unit design with special vertical housing for optimized heat dissipation
- Modular helical and bevel-helical gear unit design based on the universal housing of the X series can be used universally
- Foot-mounted and flange-mounted designs available
- Efficient sealing system including drywell seal
- Available with pressure or oil bath lubrication
- Also available in ATEX design
- Drywell seal
- Foot mounting
- Rigid flange coupling
- Flange mounting with flexible flange concept
- Oil expansion tank
- Surface protection
Technical data of agitator drive
|Gear unit design||Stages||Gear ratio
|Nominal torque MN2
|Helical gear units with vertical housing||3-stage||20 – 100||22 – 90|
|Helical and bevel-helical gear units with universal housing||2 to 4 stages||6.3 – 450||22 – 90|
Areas of application
Mixers and agitators:
- Food industry
- Chemical industry
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Mineral processing industry
- Plastics industry
- Downstream processing of waste water
- Waste water treatment
- Sewage treatment plants